Friday, May 15, 2015

Entrepreneurs- Just Start


Many people that have asked me how to get started working for themselves.  They see and yearn to emulate others who have decided to throw off the yoke and become their own bosses, but one thing or another keeps them from following suit. Some say they just don't have the million dollar idea yet.  In other cases, money, or more precisely the lack thereof, becomes the issue. The list of reasons, questions, and doubts I’ve heard on the topic goes on and on.

All of these people have at least two thing in common:
  • They want to be entrepreneurs.
  • They tend to be creatures of inertia.  
These two things do not fit well together.  It's virtually impossible to stagnate and simultaneously become an Entrepreneur, simply because of how much work it actually takes to run a business.  
From my experiences in life, I know all too well about looking for and obsessing over that million dollar idea.  When I was younger, that was all that I did, letting time fly past while hoping for that eureka moment. 

At some point along the way, I started my entrepreneur career.  I can’t pinpoint the exact moment, but I know I just started. The next thing I know, I'm 10 years into it, having found both success and failure along the way.   I've built multi-million dollar businesses and had others flop like a dying fish. 

The point is that I did it. 

Here is my advice to anyone who wants to know how to start a business or is looking for the next big idea:

Simply put, just start.  

To elaborate, don't look down the road at all of the work that needs to be done.  You may overwhelm yourself with some of the difficult tasks ahead.  Take one step at a time.  I am an avid runner, and each time I run and start feeling the burn, I remind myself it is just one step after another.  Next thing you know, you just ran a marathon. 

Do yourself a favor -- Just Start. 
#getyourmessageacross 

Chance


No comments:

Post a Comment